Here is a list of updates to all sections of Jeff's Streets Page, from newest to oldest, starting in June 2001.
- September 2007: Updated the Fishhook Construction section with the opening of the previously closed southbound Morrissey Boulevard ramps, closure of the previously open southbound Morrissey ramp, latest freeway lane reconfiguration changes, and an updated re-opening date for the Emiline Avenue off-ramp. Updated the Santa Cruz County section by noting the opening of Pajaro Valley High School in 2005 within the Highway 1/Harkins Slough Road interchange section, removal of the previously recommended Laguna Street-Chestnut Street improvements, and an expanded discussion of the Soquel Avenue/Water Street/Morrissey Boulevard intersection. Added a discussion of the proposed Highway 1/Fremont Boulevard interchange reconstruction in Seaside/Sand City to the Monterey Bay section. Finally, made miscellaneous typographical edits and other minor discussion rewordings to the Fishhook section and its sub-sections, and the Highway 1/Highway 9 section.
- July 2007: Updated the Fishhook Construction section with an updated completion date for two key retaining walls, an updated opening opening date for the southbound Morrissey Boulevard ramps, and an updated closure date for the North Branciforte Avenue bridge.
- May 2007: Updated the Fishhook Construction section with an update on soundwall construction, the opening of the Market Street under crossing, and a closure date for the North Branciforte Avenue bridge.
- April 2007: Updated the Fishhook Construction section with an update on soundwall construction and new reopening dates for some Morrissey Boulevard interchange ramps and Market Street.
- January 2007: Updated the Fishhook Construction section with an update on soundwall construction, closure of some Morrissey Boulevard interchange ramps, and a delay in completion of the project. Updated the Santa Cruz County section with updates regarding the Highway 1 HOV widening (which may now include auxiliary lanes, plus a new timeline for completion of studies), updates to the Highway 17/Glenwood Drive and Laurel Curve improvements, and the removal of outdated subsections regarding completed improvements. Also updated the Soquel Drive-Morrissey Boulevard Auxiliary Lanes section with news that the SCCRTC will be pursuing money for other auxiliary lane projects along Highway 1. Finally, updated both content of and corrected typos within the Monterey Bay section, with regard to Highway 1 in Carmel, Highway 68, Highway 156, and US 101 in Prunedale.
- November 2006: Updated the Fishhook Construction section by noting continued removal of foliage, completion of some and near completion of other sound walls, and the cessation of pile driving and creekbed rock work.
- October 2006: Updated the Fishhook Construction section by noting completion of some median paving along Highway 1, completion of some and near completion of other sound walls, and apparent completion of some bridge abutments and retaining walls.
- August 2006: Updated the Fishhook Construction section with updates regarding median paving, soundwall construction, and changes to the closure and reconstruction periods along Market Street and N. Branciforte Avenue. Also updated the Highway 1 Widening section with news of an updated schedule for the environmental work associated with the project.
- July 2006: Updated the Fishhook Construction section with news of Caltrans short-term construction plan and the closure of the Emiline Avenue off-ramp.
- May 2006: Updated the Fishhook Construction section, noting the finalization of funding, the awarding of the contract, the official groundbreaking, and the construction status. Updated the Highway 1 (Devils Slide) section with news of the construction start and end dates, and a new Caltrans web site for information on the project. Updated the Highway 101 -- North Bay section with news of the start of construction for the widening in downtown Santa Rosa, as well as current Caltrans plans for a freeway upgrade between Marin and Sonoma Counties. Also updated the Highway 1 Widening section to note current Caltrans schedule for selection of the preferred design alternative, plans for open houses on the project, and the formation of the Transportation Funding Task Force. Finally, updated the Highway 17-Glenwood Drive safety improvements section to note the start date of the Glenwood improvements, as well as the the proposed Laurel Curve improvements.
- March 2006: Updated the Fishhook Construction section describing the lastest updates on the improvement project at the Highway 1-17 interchange, as well as correcting various typographical errors.
- November 2004: Sorry for being away for so long! Anyway, many changes have been made to various sections, mostly updating items with their current status. Updated Mission Street page with notice of the construction completion, completion of half of the utility undergrounding, the addition of street lights, and the addition of flashing beacons at three crosswalks. Updated Highway 1 Widening section with news of the defeated Measure J sales tax, and the creation of the Highway Construction Authority. Updated the Fishhook (Highway 1-17 interchange) page with a status update for construction of the project. Updated Santa Cruz section with news of the completion of the Capitola Road widening, and updates to the status of the Highway 1/Highway 9 improvements. Updated Monterey Bay Area section with new information regarding my proposed widening of Highway 68 near Salinas, the Highway 68 (Holman Highway) improvements near Pebble Beach, Highway 101 improvements in Prunedale, and the status of the San Miguel Canyon Road and Highway 156 interchange reconstructions. Updated Bay Area section with the current status of Highway 1 Devils Slide tunnels, Highway 4 widening through Pittsburg and Antioch, Highway 4 bypass of Oakley and Brentwood, Highway 84 bypass of Livermore, Highway 87 freeway upgrade in San Jose, Highway 92 San Mateo Bridge widening, Highway 101 widening and interchange improvements in Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park, Highway 238 expressway in Hayward, new names of the stadiums in which the Giants and 49ers play in the discussion of Interstate 280 widening, and status updates of the Highway 17 improvements in Santa Clara County.
- July 2002: Updated Highway 1 Widening section with news of the suspension of further HOT lane analysis, and the release of two Caltrans Project Study Reports on two widening options. Also updated Capitola Road Widening section with the current project status.
- May 2002: Updated Mission Street widening page with news of the completion of the project...or is it? Updated Highway 1 widening section with new information regarding the future options and timelines for freeway widening. Added new Coming Attractions Page discussing recent, proposed, and future state and local roadway projects within Santa Cruz County. Added Highway 101 section to the San Francisco Bay Area page, focussing on the ongoing widening project in Santa Rosa, as well as other proposed improvements throughout Marin and Sonoma Counties.
- April 2002: Updated Mission Street widening page with news of the project's near completion. Also updated the Airport Boulevard widening page with news of its completion.
- March 2002: Updated the December 2001 update in the Highway 1 Widening section with new information on the county sales tax proposal for funding this improvement. Updated the Airport Boulevard widening section with a status update. Also updated the Fishhook (Highway 1-17 interchange) page with news of the Caltrans initial study and environmental assessment for the merge lanes project. Finally, added new links to the Transportation Links page for the Caltrans District 5 Projects web site, which has information on current and proposed Caltrans projects from Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara.
- December 2001: Updated Mission Street widening project page with latest status of the project. Updated Highway 1 Widening section with recent news and developments.
- June 2001: Major overhaul of site complete. Updated web page navigation. Renamed Central Coast section Monterey Bay Area. Created What's New section, which summarizes historical changes to this web site. Updated content of the following sections:
- Santa Cruz City and County: Added Caltrans plans for improvements at Highway 1/Highway 9 intersection. Updated Mission Street widening section. Created new section called Hippy Drive 2001, which provides a virtual tour of the two main roads into Santa Cruz, Highway 1 from Monterey County and Highway 17 from San Jose.
- Monterey Bay Area: Updated alternatives list and project web sites for the US 101 Prunedale Bypass, project web site for Highway 156 improvements at US 101.
- San Francisco Bay Area: Moved, expanded, and updated Highway 17 section to include proposed ramp and widening improvements between Los Gatos and San Jose.
- California and Interstate Highways: Updated Highway 1 Devils Slide section with more details on tunnel construction plans. Moved, updated, and expanded section on Interstate 40 extension along CA 58 and CA 46, including a discussion and recommendations regarding future freeway and expressway network improvements in Bakersfield. Moved, updated, and expanded section on I-205 and CA 120 improvements, including a discussion and recommendations regarding a freeway bypass of Oakdale and the alignment of CA 108 between CA 99 and CA 120. Updated CA 152/I-48 section to include an update on the Los Banos Bypass.
Jeff's Streets Page | Santa Cruz City and County Roads
Monterey Bay Area Highways | San Francisco Bay Area Roads
California and Interstate Highways | What's New | Transportation Links
Comments? Questions? Corrections? E-mail Jeff Waller (email@example.com)