Jeff's Streets Page
The following are some of the many links I have come across in my browsing of the Web. I frequent some of them regularly. There are many more sites out there than I can list here, so for a more complete listing, please visit James Lin's ViaGuide, a listing of dozens of road and highway web sites.
- Kurumi.com--Scott Oglesby's home page on many road issues, such as lists and histories of all the 3-digit interstate highways (3di's) in the nation, a primer on interchanges, commentary on Connecticut highways, and an interactive sign maker.
- James Lin's ViaGuide--a listing of dozens of road and highway web sites. You can find my site as well as many other road- and highway-related sites on his page, orgainized in a Yahoo-like format.
- California Highways Home Page--web page devoted to the history and current status of all of California's highways and county routes, including those deleted or proposed.
- International House of ZZYZX--web page devoted to the national interstate freeway system. Features lists of all the 1- and 2-digit interstates in the US.
- Highway Kickoff Page--Andy Field's web page devoted to many diverse road issues, including the national interstate freeway system (both existing and proposed routes), Wyoming and Nevada state highways, and more.
- Caltrans Main Web Page--Caltrans' web page, featuring road conditions and other transportation information. Caltrans also has its own search engine for searching for items on its pages. Some interesting Caltrans pages:
- Caltrans Yearly Traffic Counts--Traffic counts for all of California's highways and freeway ramps. Updated yearly.
- Caltrans District 4--The San Francisco Bay Area Caltrans District, with information on the bridges spanning the bay, and also the many ongoing construction projects, such as I-80, I-680/I-580 interchange, U.S. 101 Marin County HOV Lanes, I-880 widening, and more.
- Caltrans District 5--The Monterey Bay and Central Coast district, with information on road closures for construction on highways in Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara Counties.
- Caltrans District 5 project information page--The official page for ongoing Caltrans projects in Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara Counties. Contains links to project such as Highway 1-17 merge lanes, Mission Street widening, Highway 101 Prunedale bypass, and the Cuesta Grade improvements on Highway 101 north of San Luis Obispo.
- Alameda County Transportation Authority (ACTA) Web Page--Internet site of ACTA, put in charge of distributing the money from a sales tax increase for use in Alameda County transportation projects. Has lots of interesting information about current, future, and recently completed projects in Alameda County, such as I-880, I-580/I-680 interchange, Highway 84 parkway, Highway 238 expressway, BART extensions, and much more.
- Santa Cruz Walk & Roll--web page devoted to history, current status, and discussions of the transprtation network of Santa Cruz County. This site grew out of original coverage of the Mission Street widening project in Santa Cruz. Much fascinating history, past proposals, relevant citings on traffic planning and projections from recent and historical governmental documents, and 4 forums to make your views known. Some recent (December 1999) additions are West Santa Cruz discussion forum, Metro bus union route proposals, and many more links for alternative and locally-relevant transportation issues. If you live in Santa Cruz County it's worth a visit.
Jeff's Streets Page | Santa Cruz City and County Roads
Monterey Bay Area Highways | San Francisco Bay Area Roads
California and Interstate Highways | What's New | Transportation Links
Comments? Questions? Corrections?
E-mail Jeff Waller (email@example.com)